SEO must-do list for a new website:
- Register the website on Google and Bing registry.
- Add the sitemap to Google and Bing.
- Add the company on Google places/maps.
- Insert Google Analytics in footer so all pages can be analyzed.
- Set up Google Webmaster Tool and Bing Webmaster Tool.
- Linked #4 and #5.
- Use Yoast SEO plug-in if you use WordPress.
- Add social media buttons on the homepage and other content pages you would like to share.
- Use Google Authorship (although highly reduced, remains important).
- Get your in-page SEO right (meta descriptions, Text/HTML Code Ratio, robots, ux etc.)
Photo by David Castillo Dominici